Money-making apps are reliable side income streams. They allow you to expand your bank account with minimal effort. Plus, you don’t have to be tech-savvy to get started.
It boasts plenty of benefits, among them being:
- You can earn from the apps during your morning and afternoon commutes.
- You get some extra cheddar anywhere there’s an internet connection.
- You can get enough cash from the apps to clear minor (or major) expenses if you’re persistent
- Oh, and don’t forget the wardrobe flexibility! You can place a dollar in your account from the app even when you’re chilling in your crib, minus the suit or other formal attire.
Top Money-Making Apps in Singapore
The following review of the best and legit money-making apps in Singapore is sure to change your mind:
1. Google Opinion Rewards
Google Opinion Rewards is a rewards-based app from Google. It pays consumers (Google Play Credits for Android users and cash for iOS users) for their opinion on various services and products from businesses. These establishments send short surveys to Google, and Google sends them to you once you sign up.
- Interface: Its user interface is minimal in a convenient way. Questions from the survey are displayed on your screen in a slide format, with multiple choice in some cases.
- What You Need: App Store, Google Play Store, a Google profile, and a PayPal account.
- Payout Range: The range is between S$0.1 and S$3.
- Payment Method: The app pays you through PayPal.
How it Works: You download the app, link it to your Google profile, read and accept the terms and conditions, confirm your payment preference (PayPal or Google Play credits) and start answering surveys.
The first survey is unpaid for you to know what to expect. You’ll receive a push notification to start answering paid surveys after that. You receive 1-2 surveys weekly, and you can answer them in less than 5 minutes.
Established in 2008 by Scott Dudelson and Josef Gorowitz, Swagbucks is a free online reward-gaining program that allows you to earn points (SB points. 1 SB point= S$0.01 ) by doing various activities.
These activities include watching video playlists, shopping, and answering surveys. You can also earn money when you play games. Convert the SB points you earn into gift cards and money.
- Interface: It has an easy-to-navigate interface with eight pages: My Account, Shop, Answer, Home, Rewards, Search, Play, and Discover. The available tasks are listed on your screen.
- What You Need: You’ll need Google Play ( for Android), App Store ( for iOS), your Facebook account to sign up if you’d like to skip the hassle of filling in your details when opening an account, and a PayPal account.
- Payout Range: It ranges from S$3 to S$35.
- Payment Method: You get paid via PayPal.
How it Works: You load the application and create your account using a valid email address and strong password. Once your account is ready, you can begin earning gift cards and cold hard cash by doing the activities mentioned earlier and more!
It’s a money-making app that rewards users for doing a decent number of tasks. These tasks include completing offers, taking surveys from survey panels, and watching videos. You earn points called Acorns that you redeem later after completing each activity.
- Interface: It’s clean, user-friendly, and with minimal clutter. It has five pages on the navigation bar, including Give, Save, and Work. Its header bar allows you to access settings, your profile, and your search.
- What You Need: A Facebook account (optional), a PayPal cash account, and Google Play for Android and Appstore for iOS to download the app.
- Payout Range: It ranges from S$14 to S$70.
- Payment Method: You get paid via PayPal when you attain the payout range.
How it Works: After loading the app, you fill in the required details (name, gender, email, etc.). Then, set up your PayPal account via your account settings, and you’re all set to start receiving local tasks. You’ll see the tasks and their details whenever you open the app.
4. Amazon Flex
Have a ride and some precious time? Become an Amazon Flex user and gain from it! The app pays you (roughly S$21-26 per hour) to deliver Amazon packages. Once you pass a background check after downloading the app, you can search for available delivery blocks in your locale. Other countries get more deliveries than others.
- Interface: It’s simple and easy to navigate, with helpful features like Calendar, Offers, Home, Account, Earnings, and Navigation. The Navigation feature dominates the screen whenever you’re making a delivery.
- What You Need: A valid driver’s license, a vehicle with lots of room (preferably a van), a smartphone (Android 6.0 / iOS 13 or newer), and valid car insurance.
- Payout Range: The range is from S$25 to S$35. However, it can be much more or less depending on if you receive tips, where you are in the world, and how many deliveries you make.
- Payment Method: You get paid directly into the bank account you entered during registration. Payment is twice a week. Yay!
How it Works: First of all, load the app and set up your account. Then, pass a background check and open the app. You’ll see the available delivery blocks in your location. Plus, you’ll see how long your block will likely take you to complete and your expected earnings. Mark yourself as available and get moving!
5. Surveys On The Go
As the name suggests, Surveys On The Go is a survey site that pays you to take paid surveys wherever you are. At the time of the writing of this article, the paid surveys are classified into three groups: Standard surveys, Store surveys, and Web + App surveys.
Longer surveys earn you more points. You can also earn more money through cashback, watching and rating TV shows, and testing products. It’s among the survey apps that offer some of the best paid online surveys.
- Interface: It’s among the survey websites along with Univox Community that have a simple and decent interface. It has three main tap options: Profile, Surveys, and Earned. You’ll receive a notification in the Surveys option whenever you receive a paid survey.
- What You Need: A PayPal account, a social media account, e.g., Facebook, Appstore for iOS, and Google Play for Android.
- Payout Range: The minimum payout amount is S$14. You can cash out any amount once you reach this payout threshold. Payment is issued within 24 hours.
- Payment Method: You get paid through PayPal.
How it Works: Download the application, enter the required details or log in with an existing social media account, and log into the survey website to start answering the available surveys. Remember to enable notifications so you can get a heads-up whenever a new survey is posted.
TaskRabbit, formerly RunMyErrand, is an app that links clients to local service providers (called Taskers) to help them with errands and odd jobs. As a Tasker, you can select the type of jobs you want once you register, and you’ll be notified whenever that particular job is available.
- Interface: Its interface is easy to use for clients and Taskers. It has several tap options like Cleaning, Handyman, Trending, and Moving. You pick the category that best suits you and checks if there’s a task present.
- What You Need: Google Play Store for Android, Appstore for iOS, and a PayPal account (optional).
- Payout Range: It depends on the gig. However, a client generally pays you once you complete the job via the app using a credit card or account linked to it. The average range is S$25 – S$105 per hour.
- Payment Method: You’re paid through a check, PayPal, or the app.
How it Works: You need to do several things after downloading the app. You must register by creating your profile, undergoing and passing a background check, undergoing an age verification check, and selecting your area and work schedule. You’ll also need to pay a non-refundable S$35 before submitting your profile for approval.
Once you’re in, you can choose the tasks you want and set a price tag for your services. The app notifies you when someone close to your area posts a job matching your expertise.
7. App Trailers
App Trailers is an advertising platform. It pays you in points for watching videos on it. The videos are generally short, and you earn five points for each video you watch. You can convert these points into a gift or cash rewards when they reach the minimum threshold.
- Interface: Its simple user interface consists of a navigation bar with options like Upload, Profile, Home, and Invite. Some of the videos on your queue are Music Videos, Top Videos, Game Videos, and Movie Trailers.
- What You Need: Appstore for iOS, Google Play for Android, and a PayPal account.
- Payout Range: The payout is (impressively) low. You have to reach S$0.7, or 500 points, before you can request payment or convert your points into a gift reward.
- Payment Method: The app pays you through PayPal.
How it Works: It’s pretty straightforward. You download the app, fill in the required details, and confirm your account, and you get instant access to a plethora of videos.
8. Make Money
Make Money is a relatively new money-making platform that allows users to earn extra cash through taking paid online surveys on the survey panel, watching videos, playing games, trying new apps, and completing offers. Other members earn an extra buck through the referral program when their friend signs up using their referral code.
- Interface: As with our other picks, it has a user-friendly and simple interface with four tabs on the navigation bar, namely Tasks, More Tasks, Payouts, and Settings. You also get a list of tasks on your screen based on your selection.
- What You Need: Appstore for iOS, Google Play for Android, and a PayPal account.
- Payout Range: Make Money has a reasonable minimum payout threshold of S$7. You can request payment when you get this amount or wait for it to accumulate. Your balance is always visible in the app’s top right corner.
- Payment Method: Payment is issued through PayPal.
How it Works: It functions in three steps: First, complete as many offers as possible in the Tasks tab. Next, cash out once you’ve reached the threshold. Just tap the Payouts tab and request the app to transfer your earnings to your PayPal account. Finally, wait for the payout notification (usually one day) and enjoy your cash!
How would you like to gain free money for unlocking your phone? No, really. That’s basically what the Slidejoy app is all about. It’s an app that rewards you points (Carats) for downloading it and ‘renting out your lock screen.’ You’ll view an aesthetically pleasing ad on your lock screen once you install it.
- Interface: It doesn’t have much to offer when it comes to an interface. All you have to do is swipe left to view more info on the app or right to go to the home screen. It does have a few screens for donating or cashing out what you earned, ads, and your balance.
- What You Need: Google Play for Android and a PayPal Account.
- Payout Range: The payout range is S$7 to S$21 per month. It has a low cashout amount of S$3 (2000 carats).
- Payment Method: You receive your payment via PayPal.
How it Works:New members must go to the app’s homepage after downloading it and registering for an account (cash or donation). They then have to fill in their details, then log in to their account. They’ll receive S$0.3 for signing up. The app will activate their lock screen, and ads will start displaying when they open their mobile device.
Tips to Avoid Fake and Malicious Apps
Here are solid pointers to ensure you download legit and effective money-earning apps:
1. Read Client Reviews
This is the first tip because it’s the most vital. Read other users’ experiences with the application to determine if it’s right for you. There’s a good chance it’s worthwhile if there are more positive reviews than negative ones.
2. Stick to the Accepted App Stores (App Store and Google Play Store)
They’re widely respected for a reason. They evaluate each app thoroughly before releasing it to the public. Also, designated humans re-check for extra security.
3. Visit the App Creator’s Website
Assurance of quality isn’t enough. Do the developers have websites? Do the websites look professional? Do they have an ‘HTTPS’ address? It may be an app for you if it checks all these boxes.
4. Have a Look at the Installation Figures
The more users have downloaded the application, the more trustworthy it is.
5. Check out the App’s Description
It’s a red flag if it’s described in poor grammar. The professional developer takes their time to ensure they deliver nothing but the best and most convincing description.
Money-making apps can supplement your full-time job perfectly. They’re easy to use, are free, have amazing rewards, and have a straightforward registration process.
Granted, you’ll not earn much extra money from them, but constant commitment and perseverance will ensure you receive an amount that’s enough to make you smile in the near future.
- Hustling online is more beneficial than working in a brick-and-mortar setting.
- Money-making apps can be a perfect side hustle if you’re persistent and have spare time.
- Not at all apps are legitimate. You have to carry out due research before settling for a specific choice.
- You don’t have to be educated and tech-savvy to enjoy earning from legit money-making apps.
- App Store and Google Play Store stores are the top app stores in the world you can trust for quality applications.
Need a loan but don’t have the energy and patience to check? Instant Loan can help. It has a quality algorithm that enables you to save time finding the most ideal for your needs. Contact us today, and receive three loan quotes from us, free of charge!