Daycations are becoming increasingly popular among Singaporeans because they are cheaper than traditional vacations. With many becoming tight for most families because of the pandemic’s economic condition, daycations have provided people with a financially viable alternative. Additionally, daycations are easier to plan and require a shorter time. Frequent stays in hotels? Check out our credit card guide to save more during your stay!
What is Daycation?
The idea of daycation has been around for some time. However, it was not until the pandemic that many Singaporeans became more accepting of this type of vacation. It is important to note that a daycation does not include an overnight stay.
Also, in most cases, the daycation hotel one chooses within the country as one will most probably have to travel to and from the location on the same day.
Furthermore, since their time in hotels and resorts is limited, they do not have to worry about travel restrictions. Also, the risk of contracting Covid-19 when on a daycation is mitigated compared to when on a traditional long vacation.
Perks and Limitations of Daycation Singapore
Like any other type of vacation, a daycation has perks and limitations. Let us take a deep dive into what these are below:
Perks of Daycation
1. Easy Planning
Planning for a daycation is much simpler than a traditional holiday. In most cases, one will only pack things they intend to use for the day. They are also easy to find time for since they only take a day.
2. They are Cheaper
Since daycations only last for a day, they are not as expensive as staycations or traditional vacations that might take weeks. Due to this, daycations are a great option even for an ordinary citizen since they are affordable.
3. Less Time Consuming
Planning for a daycation is straightforward. Also, because most people will go to daycation locations close by, it saves money and time. Also, the fact that you only have to spend the day is an added advantage to people who might otherwise be very busy and thus not have the time to vacation.
4. A Great Option for Family Time
Daycations offer an excellent way for families to spend time together, especially since most family members, including children and parents, can have a free day in a week.
5. Offer Opportunity To Relax and Enjoy Recreational Activities
Most hotels and resorts providing daycation deals in Singapore provide a wide range of recreational services. These may include swimming pools, fitness gyms, dining, and others that allow customers to relax and enjoy their day.
6. Can Easily Combine Work and Fun
Even for very busy people, a daycation can provide them with an opportunity to have some downtime and also be able to continue with their work, especially for those who can work remotely. On top of some much-needed me time, they can be a way to get fresh inspiration and perspective on the world or other issues.
Limitations of Daycation
1. Only A Day
As the name suggests, daycations only last a day. This might not be enough time to enjoy everything that is on offer.
2. Locations Might be Limited
Since most daycations involve local locations, options might be limited, especially for individuals living in lesser developed parts of the country. They have to search for locations further out and thus increase the cost.
3. Fewer Perks
Compared to traditional vacation holidays, daycations customers have access to fewer perks.
5 Best Daycation Options in Singapore
While many establishments offer a daycation package, let’s look at the best daycation hotels Singapore:
1. Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort – Good For Daycation and Workcations
- It is a great destination for both daycation and workcations.
- Offers free parking, complimentary wi-fi, fitness centre, pool access and more.
- A choice between 2 daycation packages depending on your budget.
- An option to pay per person or room.
- Customers can opt for a bespoke experience.
Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort provides a suitable daycation package for those looking to relax and have fun or people looking for a workcations area to relax.
Price Range: $190/room, or $48/person
Address: 2 Bukit Manis Road Sentosa, Singapore 099891
Availability: 10 am until 5 pm daily.
2. Dusit Thani Laguna Singapore – Good For a Daycation At a Golf Resort
- Part of the global and renowned Dusit Thani hotels.
- Excellent customer service.
- In-room dining is available on request.
- The vacation package includes a deluxe room with a lot of space.
- Set lunch available in the lush green surrounding of the resort.
- Free wi-fi, outdoor infinity pool, wellness floor, and PressReader with 7000+ online papers and magazines.
- Complimentary mini-bar in all rooms.
- Dining credit
Dusit Thani Laguna Singapore offers a luxurious dream daycation destination located on a sunny island. Customers can enjoy all perks by themselves or while being accompanied by others.
Price Range: $210/room Monday until Thursday, and $260/room Friday until Sunday.
Address: 11 Laguna Golf Green, Singapore 488047
Availability: Each day, 10 am until 5 pm, until November 30, 2022.
3. Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel – Good For a Daycation at a Waterfront
- A daycation destination with a view of the waterfront.
- Specious premier room with a nice view.
- Complimentary access to the hotel’s facilities includes an outdoor swimming pool, wellness floor with a fitness centre with gym equipment, wi-fi, la carte treatments, dining credits, and so much more.
- Situated far from the noises of the city, and provides a serene and calming environment for customers.
- 10% discount on daycation package for hotel members.
- Free low coffee, tea, and water in all rooms.
- In-room dining for a few hours during the day.
- $20 Dining credit
- 20% discounts on meals at in-house restaurants and bars.
Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel is one of the best hotels for anyone looking for a luxurious experience with their daycation package.
Price Range: $110/person
Address: 392 Havelock Road Singapore 169663
Availability: Daily options include 8 am until 8 pm, 9 am until 5 pm, and 10 am until 6 pm.
4. Parkroyal Collection Marina Bay – Good for a Garden Daycation
- Great for a luxurious and off-the-grid daycation at the marina bay.
- Excellent environment for a workcation with available work stations at additional cost.
- Spacious luxury room in every daycation package.
- Fitness gym with the option for a personal trainer.
- Wellness floor with space for yoga.
- There are over 10 complimentary hotel facilities and services.
- 15% discount at in-house bars and restaurants.
- $30 dining credits.
Parkroyal Collection Marina Bay and Parkroyal Collection Pickering Singapore are part of the Pan Pacific iconic hotel brand.
Price Range: $150/individual
Address: 6 Raffles Boulevard, Singapore 039594
Availability: Daily from 8 am until 7 pm, until November 30, 2022.
5. Yotelair Singapore Changi Airport – Good for Daycations and Workcations
- Cosy cabins rooms) with in-room dining.
- Day use packages can be used for both workcations and daycations.
- Complimentary free wi-fi, pool, parking, in-room mini bar, and others.
- Breakfast pick-up services are available.
- $50 in F&B credits.
- Free flow of coffee and tea.
- In-room dining delivery by robots.
Price Range: $180/individual
Address: Jewel Changi Airport, 78 Airport Boulevard, Singapore 819666
Availability: Daily from 8 am until 6 pm.
It is not surprising why daycation is increasingly becoming popular with citizens in the country. Aside from providing a convenient way to spend your day relaxing, having fun, or changing your normal routine–away from work-related stress–daycation is also your safest and more affordable bet during the pandemic.
- Daycations are not only easy to plan but are an affordable alternative to traditional vacation holidays.
- Daycations allow people to reduce the risks associated with the Covid-19 disease since people do not stay for extended periods at hotels.
- Hotels offer daycation packages, including complimentary access to hotel facilities, services, and other perks.
Need a loan for personal consumption? With the help of a loan comparison site like Instant Loan, you can save time and energy in comparing hundreds of financial institutions in Singapore. With its advanced algorithm, you’re confident of getting only the best loan packages suitable for your needs.