The OCBC Titanium Rewards Card offers its customers amazing points-earning rates on eligible online purchases and retail purchases. This makes it an excellent credit card choice for shopaholics who frequently hit up the right department stores and online spend categories.
All OCBC Titanium Rewards customers will also get a generous annual fee waiver for their first two years of card membership. That said, everyday shoppers will need to tread carefully when using this card, as non-eligible online purchases and retail spend won’t attract many reward points compared to other rewards credit card competitors.
What is the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card?
The OCBC Titanium Rewards Card is a bonus-friendly credit card that offers its customers the potential to earn reward points and/or bonus points as and when they spend money. However, much like other rewards credit card options out there, customers will only earn rewards at the best rates when spending money in eligible in-person and online spend categories.
With this particular card, the best rewards point earning rates are reserved for retail spend and online purchases, where customers can earn up to 50 OCBC$ or 20 miles for every $5 spent with eligible merchants.
That said, all other purchases, whether they be online transactions or ineligible item-based purchases made in person, will only earn cardholders 5 OCBC$ per $5 spent (i.e. 1 OCBC$ or 0.4 miles per dollar spent). This you’ll need to manage your shopping purchases very carefully to get the most out of this card.
Key Features of the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card
- Claim a maximum of 50 OCBC$ reward points or 20 miles for every $5 spent on eligible online shopping and retail purchases
- Earn up to 5 OCBC$ reward points per $5 on all other types of spending (i.e. 1 OCBC$ or 0.4 miles per dollar spent)
- Enjoy a two year annual fee waiver when you hit a minimum spend of $10,000
- Get amazing fuel savings of up to 16% at Caltex and 14% at Esso
- Take advantage of e commerce protection on non delivery of and/or issues with goods
Pros and Cons of the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card – From Online Purchases Perks to Annual Fee Costs
- Earn rewards at an excellent rate of 50 OCBC$ per $5 spent on eligible online purchases and retail purchases
- Get a two year fee waiver worth up to $192.60 per annual fee
- Claim an attractive sign up bonus offering big discounts on selected service and item based purchases
- Enjoy an additional cash rebate of up to 2% for every dollar spent at BEST Denki
- Save up to 16% at Caltex and 14% at Esso when you buy fuel on-site
- Only eligible and relevant transaction types with selected merchants will earn rewards at the best rates
- All other in person and online transactions earn points at a basic rate of just 1 OCBC$ or 0.4 miles per dollar spent
- Customers must hit a minimum spend of $10,000 annually to secure OCBC’s two year fee waiver
- OCBC Bank imposes a monthly spending cap on transactions at the best rates, equating to $12,000 per year
- Other financial products might be a better fit for regular shopping purchases, such as groceries
Key Benefits of the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card – Earn Big with Online Purchases and More
1. Earn OCBC$ reward points at excellent rates when you shop strategically
The OCBC Titanium Rewards Card offers excellent points-earning potential so long as you stick to eligible merchants and relevant transaction types that incur points at the 50 OCBC$ rate.
2. Diverse range of eligible spending categories
Whether you’re spending at department stores, shoe stores, electronic stores or family clothing and accessories stores, OCBC Bank will reward you with OCBC dollars every time you hit a $5 minimum spend.
3. Take full advantage of e commerce protection
If you buy products at selected online stores with your Titanium Rewards Credit Card, and they arrive damaged or you fall victim to non delivery, OCBC will safeguard you with full e commerce protection. This also applies if sellers fail to reimburse you for such purchases.
4. Claim promotions with BEST Denki and other partners
Any shopping purchases made on your Titanium Rewards Credit Card with BEST Denki will qualify for an additional cash rebate worth 2% of the total cost of your transaction.
5. Enjoy a two year fee waiver – but with a catch
The Card OCBC Titanium Rewards also enables customers to a claim a two year annual fee waiver, but you’ll need to hit a $10,000 minimum spend per annum on your credit card to claim this.
How Does the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card Sign Up Bonus Work?
Right now, OCBC Bank is also offering new OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card customers a sign-up bonus via STACK, the bank’s acclaimed digital loyalty program. This sign-up bonus takes the form of multiple discounts eligible online and in-person with eligible merchants. The bonuses available, include:
- $20 off at Harry’s
- $20 off at Zalora
- $20 off at Peach Garden Chinese Restaurant
- $6 off at Caltex
- Complimentary spa at LifeSpa
All OCBC Rewards redemptions are available as gift vouchers, which you’ll get instant approval on once you sign up for your OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card and start spending.
How Does the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card Differ from Other Cards?
Let’s take a brief look at how everything the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card offers to customers compares to what other credit cards are offering:
|Top Rewards / Cashback Benefits
|Annual Fee Costs||Interest Rate Per Annum||Minimum Spend Requirement||Minimum Annual Income Threshold|
|OCBC Titanium Rewards Card
|Earn between 5 and 50 OCBC$ per $5 spend with eligible merchants
|$192.60 (waived for first 2 years with minimum spend only)||26.88%||$10,000 (to secure two year fee waiver)||$30,000 for Singapore citizens and PRs
$45,000 for foreigners
|Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card
|Get up to 1.5% cashback on eligible transactions (with unlimited cap)
|$192.60 (waived for first 2 years)||26.90%||N/A||$30,000 for Singapore citizens and PRs
$60,000 for foreigners
|American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card
|Earn up to 2 miles on overseas spend and up to 1.1 miles on local spend
|$176.55 (waived for 1 year)||26.90%||N/A||$30,000 for Singapore citizens and PRs
$60,000 for foreigners
|Citi Cash Back Card
|Earn up to 8% cash back on petrol, dining and grocery shopping transactions (capped at $80 per month)
Get up to 20.88% fuel savings at Esso and Shell
|$192.60 (waived for 1 year)||26.90%||$800||$30,000 for Singapore citizens and PRs
$42,000 for foreigners
|American Express True Cashback Card
|Get a cashback welcome offer worth up to 3.0%||$171.20 (waived for 1 year)||26.90%||Minimum spend of $5,000 in 6 months required for sign up bonus
|$30,000 for Singapore citizens and PRs
$60,000 for foreigners
|Citi Cash Back Card + Mastercard
|Enjoy earning up to 1.6% in cashback on eligible transactions (with an unlimited monthly spending cap)
|$192.60 (waived for 1 year)||26.90%||N/A||$30,000 for Singapore citizens and PRs
$42,000 for foreigners
The Verdict: What Makes the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card Stand Out?
The OCBC Titanium Rewards Card offers a ton of benefits over many of its top competitors, including a lower interest rate per annum, sky-high points-earning rates on eligible transactions, and a very attainable minimum annual income threshold for foreign applicants.
What’s more, high-spending Titanium Rewards Card customers will get to enjoy a two-year annual fee waiver as opposed to the one-year-only waiver offered by competitor credit cards such as the Citi Cash Back Card, American Express True Cashback Card, and American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card.
Some Amex cards do admittedly offer better sign-up bonuses than what’s available with OCBC, while the Citi Cash Back Card offers rewards points earning potential that spans across more eligible online and in-person spend categories. Also, it’s a shame that Card OCBC Titanium Rewards customers will need to hit a $10,000 min spend in order to waive their annual fee costs – as other cards do offer similar cost savings perks with fewer limitations.
Ultimately, which of the above credit cards is the best fit for you will depend on your unique spending habits and whether you are able to hit the appropriate minimum spend and minimum income thresholds. Know more about the best credit cards in Singapore.
OCBC Titanium Rewards Card Fees, Charges and Eligibility Criteria
You can gain fast and exclusive access to a brand new OCBC Titanium Rewards Card by visiting OCBC’s website here and simply clicking “Apply Online”. That said, you’ll need to make sure you meet the criteria outlined below before you’ll be deemed eligible online to apply:
Minimum Age Requirement
- Applicants must be over 21 years old
Minimum Annual Income Requirement
- $30,000 for Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents (PRs)
- $45,000 for foreigners
Income Documents Required
- SingPass and Myinfo credentials are required if you need instant approval
- An online application form must be submitted by applicants who cannot access SingPass
You’ll also need to make sure you are 100% satisfied with the below fee structure for this credit card:
- Annual Fee – $192.60 (waived for 2 years with $10,000 annual minimum spend)
- Interest Rate – 26.88% p.a.
- Minimum Monthly Spending Cap / Requirement – 3% or $50, whichever is higher
- Cash Advance Fee – 6% or $15, whichever is higher
- Late Payment Fee – $100
- Foreign Currency Transaction Fee – 3.25% of purchase amount
Who Should Get the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card?
OCBC Titanium Rewards customers need to hit $10,000 in annual spending to waive their annual fees. That said, this card is highly recommended to big spenders and shopaholics – particularly those who frequently shop at the department stores, family clothing stores, and other retailers that are eligible for OCBC’s up to 50 OCBC$ per $5 spend rate.
Another reason we think this credit card is an excellent fit for these kinds of customers is that OCBC enables cardholders to earn up to $120,000 OCBC$ (or 48,000 miles) each calendar year, which is a much higher rewards cap than what most competitors tend to impose on their customers with other cashback cards.
This means that those who are willing to spend big with OCBC can really maximize their rewards and milk some serious value out of this card.
Other Things You Need to Know About the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card
1. Which Merchant Category Codes MCC are Eligible for OCBC’s Best Points-Earning Rate?
You will be able to earn 50 OCBC$ per $5 spend on transactions made at eligible retailers that have the following merchant category codes –
- MCC 5311 – Department Store
- MCC 5611 – Men’s and Boy’s Clothing and Accessories Stores
- MCC 5621 – Women’s Ready to Wear Shoes
- MCC 5631 – Women’s Accessory and Speciality Stores
- MCC 5641 – Infants’ and Children’s Clothing Stores
- MCC 5651 – Family Clothing Stores
- MCC 5661 – Shoe Shops
- MCC 5691 – Women’s and Men’s Clothing Stores
- MCC 5045 – Software, Computers and Peripherals
- MCC 5732 – Electronics Stores
- MCC 5699 – Misc. Accessory and Apparel Shops
You should look out for these merchant category codes MCC or verification code numbers as and when you use your card, just to ensure you are making the right transactions when you shop online and in store.
2. What Other Stores are Eligible for Rewards?
Frequently shopping with the following retailers will also help you earn points at the most competitive rates OCBC has on offer:
- Mustafa Centre
3. How Long Must I Wait for OCBC$ to Be Credited to My Account?
Each time you spend at shoe stores, clothing and accessories stores, eligible department store companies and in other eligible online spend categories, you’ll be credited your 5 OCBC$ per $5 spend immediately. However, you will need to wait until the end of the following calendar month before your remaining 45 OCBC$ are credited to your online account.
4. Do I Get to Claim Any Airport Lounge Access with the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card?
Yes – your Titanium Rewards Card comes with a basic membership to LoungeKey by Mastercard Airport Experiences. This means you can claim discounts at more than 800 airport lounges worldwide. As long as the airport you are visiting is enrolled in the Mastercard Airport Experiences scheme, you will be able to visit their lounge at a reduced cost of just $27 USD per visit.
5. Does OCBC Impose Any Limits on How Many Rewards Points I Can Earn?
Yes and no. OCBC Titanium Rewards Card customers are free to earn as many OCBC$ points as they wish at the basic rewards rate of 5 OCBC$ per $5 spend. However, bonus points earned at OCBC’s flagship 50 OCBC$ per $5 spend rate are subject to a monthly spending cap. This cap allows you to earn a maximum of 20,000 OCBC$ per calendar year.
6. What Happens if I Exceed the Annual Spending Cap for Bonus Points?
If you exceed the 20,000 OCBC$ per annum cap, you will still be able to receive rewards, but these rewards will be credited at the basic 5 OCBC$ per $5 spend rate regardless of what transactions you make (i.e. even if you shop online at retailers that usually attract the boosted bonus rate).
How to Choose the Best Card for You?
Aside from reading a couple of credit card reviews, it would be easier for you to find the right card if you consider these two tips:
- Check your credit score: the higher the score, the higher the chance of getting approved by credit cards with more solid benefits. If you have a low credit score, it might be best to address the factor that affects your score before applying for a card.
- Pick what type of card will be best for your needs: there are cards that can improve your limited or damaged card, some cards would let you save money through interest, while others will let you earn rewards. Choose the card that would meet your lifestyle.
Closing – Is the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card Right for You?
The OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card offers customers the opportunity to rake in tons of rewards points whenever they spend money in-store or make online purchases with the right retailers. However, customers who want to enjoy some of the best benefits of this card will need to hit a high minimum spend limit.
- Important points about the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card:
- Customers who spend big at department stores, clothing shops and enjoy shopping at selected online stores will benefit the most from OCBC’s top points-earning rates
- You will need to be careful to ensure your online purchases and retail purchases are made with the right retailers and merchants
- It’s important to double-check you can meet the minimum annual income requirements and other eligibility criteria before you apply
- It’s always wise to compare the market and shop around before applying for a credit card online
Need a loan for emergency expenses? Seek help from a loan comparison site! Let Instant Loan connect you with the best financial institutions. Enjoy our free loan quotes today!