Philip SMART is one of the fund management services in Singapore that matches you with the best fit portfolio based on your online risk analysis. The platform works by embracing technology while making the investment process effortless for you. Philip SMART allows you to quickly set up your investment account and fund and monitor its performance from a PC or mobile phone.
The platform is not entry or exit-free, and it’s an online risk analysis tool that helps you choose your ideal investment style. However, a minimum deposit of about $300 might be high for some beginner investors.
What Is Phillip Smart Portfolio?
Phillip Smart Portfolio is an investment service provided by Philip Securities. The platform is designed to help its customers invest effortlessly in a diversified portfolio. The investment service uses digital advice and Philip Securities investments expertise they have acquired over 15 years.
The Phillip Smart Portfolio mainly allows investors to invest in Exchange-Traded Funds listed on the Singapore Exchange. It selects the best–fit investments for its customers after critically analyzing the market. The platform analyses significant areas, including fixed income, equity, commodities, and resources. The investments are designed to offer optimal returns at every risk level.
How It Works?
Phillip Smart Portfolio combines human expertise, technology, and low fees to make investment more accessible so newbies can quickly start investing. SMART utilizes artificial intelligence to manage its portfolio: investment units spread across different geographical regions, asset classes, as well as thematic and industry sectors.
The platform utilized the ‘Cyborg Methodology,’ a proprietary algorithm that their Principal Data Scientists built. The algorithm helps digest more than 1,000 data points daily at depth and breadth, which cannot be done at a human level. With the algorithm, the investment team can react dynamically and quickly to the changing developments around the market.
Check out our guide on how to do DCA investing.
- No upfront or brokerage fees.
- A minimum investment amount of S$300 and a subsequent monthly investment of S$100.
- 0.5% management fee p.a.
- You can have multiple Phillip Smart portfolios as long as you meet the minimum investment amount of S$300 for each account.
- The platform offers monthly statements for all the actions performed on account through the Philip Wealth Management Website.
- Supports non-Singaporean residents but does not allows US residents or citizens to register for the service.
- You can always make a partial withdrawal as long as you maintain a S$300 in the account.
- Offers periodic portfolio rebalancing by the investment managers with the right investment expertise.
Pros and Cons
- It has professional investment managers
- Optimal asset allocation for different asset classes
- It has a risk assessment guide to help you choose your best investment style
- No brokerage fees
- No exit fees
- A minimum investment amount of S$300, which can be high for beginner investors
- It does not offer the joint account option
- The service is not available for US residents
What Are the Benefits of Using Philip Smart Portfolio?
Here are some of the benefits of the Phillip Smart portfolio:
- Easy to set up and start investing
- No brokerage, upfront fee, or platform fee
- Low management fee
- Professional portfolio managers manage your portfolio
- Easy online access to your portfolio
- Free account opening
How Does Philip Smart Portfolio Compare to Its Competitors in Singapore?
Phillip Smart Portfolio offers the lowest fees among its competitors. It charges no brokerage, upfront, or platform fees. Here is a look at how the platform compared to other Robo-advisors in Singapore:
|Robo-advisor||Minimum Initial Investment||Platform Fees||Annual Management fees||Funding options||Expected Annual return|
|StashAway||No minimum investment||–||0.8% (Up to $25,000)||Cash &SRS||34.69%|
|Smartly||$50||–||1% (Up to $10,000)/ 0.7% (more than $10,000)||Cash||Not available|
|Endowus||$10,000||–||0.60% for first $200,000
0.40% flat fee for any amount of CPF or SRS money
|SRS, Cash & CPF||15.69%|
Phillip Smart Portfolio offers an easy and convenient way to invest your money. With the fixed monthly deposits, the platform helps you manage your funds better while analyzing your risk profile to help you choose the best investment fit.
The platform charges low management fees compared to its peers and does not charge any platform fees or brokerage fees. Opening an account is free, and you do not pay any extra fee to keep your account running.
Also: An article on the best robo advisor Singapore.
Charges and Fees
Phillip Smart Portfolio charges a 0.5% in management fees and is among the lowest Robo advisors in Singapore.
Unlike its competitors, the platform does not charge the following fees:
- Upfront fee
- Brokerage fees
- Upfront fees
Other fees you might incur while using the platform include Dividend handling fees, SGX clearing fees, GST fees, and trading fees. You do not pay any fee if you decide to exit the platform.
Here are the requirements to open a Philip Smart Portfolio account:
- The minimum age is 18 years old
- Singaporeans or Permanent Resident Document is IC/FN
- ID or Proof of residence for foreigners
1. What Are the Funding Methods for A Phillip Smart Portfolio Account?
Here are the different ways you can fund your Smart Account:
- Internet Banking
- Phillip Trading Account
- Supplementary Retirement Scheme Account (SRS)
- Telegraphic transfer
- Google pay
2. Can I Have More Than One Phillip Smart Portfolio Account?
Yes. You can have as many Phillip Smart accounts as long as they maintain a minimum amount of S$300. There is no limit to the number of accounts you can have, but they all require a separate online application.
3. How Can I Contact a Customer Care Representative on Phillip Smart Portfolio?
You can easily reach the investment managers or their customer service through either of the following methods:
- Call them at (65) 6531 155 from 8.45 am -12.00 am, Monday to Friday GMT
- Sending an email to email@example.com
- Live chat from their website 8.45 am – 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday GMT
The calls and live chats are, however, unavailable on public holidays.
4. How Can I Fund My Account with SRS?
Here are the steps to follow to fund your account with SRS:
- Print your transaction form
- Fill in the required details
- Send a scanned copy of the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once done with this process, the funds will be deducted from your SRS account and deposited into your Phillip Smart portfolio account in a week.
5. How Do I View My Philip Smart Portfolio?
You can easily view your SMART Portfolio on the Philip Wealth official website. The information on your portfolio is available 24/7. You can also download the My Wealth mobile app from Apple Store or Google Play Store to access your portfolio holdings.
Phillip Smart Portfolio offers an easy way to invest money, especially for investors with no time to keep up with the markets. The platform requires a minimum investment of about S$300 from the start. It does not charge any upfront platform and brokerage fees. Philip Smart also offers its peers the lowest management fee of 0.5%.
- Phillip Smart portfolio has a management fee of 0.5% for your account.
- The platform is available for people outside Singapore, except US residents.
- There are no upfront, brokerage, or platform fees.
- You can easily access their portal anytime to see the transactions from your account.
- The Phillip Smart Portfolio mainly allows investors to invest in Exchange-Traded Funds listed on the Singapore Exchange.
Need a loan? Using a trusted comparison site can save you energy and time checking hundreds of financial institutions in Singapore. Using its advanced algorithm, Instant Loan can automatically connect you with the most reliable financial institutions with just a few clicks. Get your three free loan quotes today!