UOB One Card is one of the best Singapore credit cards for cashback. High-spending cardholders, in particular, benefit significantly from the 5% maximum rebate rate. In some categories, the rate could go as high as 10%. The catch is that the high cashback rates require a minimum spend of S$2,000 a month for three consecutive months.
Low spenders, meanwhile, have one good reason to consider applying for a UOB One Card. At only a minimum spend of S$500 per month in a quarter, UOB still gives a 3.33% cashback. Compared to most other Singapore credit cards, it is still one of the highest.
At a Glance:
|Why Avail of UOB One Card||Why Choose Another Card|
|Individuals spending at least S$2,000 per month can earn 5% cashback on retail, grocery, and other daily spends||High minimum spend required for maximum cashback|
|On some partner merchants, the cashback rate can be as high as 10%||Not the best credit card for inconsistent spenders|
|Over 20% total savings on petrol at Shell and SPC stations||Requires at least five eligible transactions each month to earn cashback|
|Up to 2.5% interest per annum on UOB One savings account||N/A|
How UOB One Card Works in Singapore
UOB One Card, on the one hand, is yet another credit card. But it sets itself apart from others by offering one of the most competitive rewards programs.
- Very high cashback rates if you can meet the minimum spend requirements
- Cashback on many types of purchases
- Has among the highest fuel savings at both Shell and SPC stations. Find out more about the best petrol credit cards in Singapore.
- Maximum annual cashback is among the highest in the industry
- Supports mobile payments systems like Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay
UOB One Credit Card New Applicant Promotion
Customers can choose between two promotions. One thing to note is that there is a validity period. In case the published promo has already expired, UOB will have new sign-up promotions.
1. Singtel Vouchers Worth S$1,299
UOB gives applicants Singtel vouchers worth S$1,299 to buy a new mobile phone. The offer is only for the first 35 online applicants and is valid from 15 to 31 October 2021. It comes with a minimum of S$1,500 eligible spend within 30 days of the card approval date.
2. S$300 Cash Credit
The first 100 new UOB customers who apply for UOB One Card may receive S$300 cash credit. This offer is valid from 1 to 31 October 2021. Successful applicants need to spend S$1,500 within the first 30 days from the card approval date to qualify.
UOB One Card Exclusive Benefits
An advantage of using a UOB One Credit Card is that you can earn rebates in many categories – both online and retail. Even more impressive is that the rebate rates are hard to match.
1. Up to 10% Cash Rebate
Save as much as S$400 on Shopee. Spend S$1,000, earn back S$100. Spend S$500, earn back S$50. The quarterly cash back you earn is the sum of a 5% maximum cashback rate plus the 5% additional rebates from partner merchants.
Besides Shopee, you can also earn up to 10% cashback from:
- Health and beauty products
- Dairy Farm Singapore transactions at 7-Eleven, Cold Storage, Giant, Guardian, Jasons, Jasons Deli, and Marketplace
- Grab transport and food delivery
- UOB Travel spends
Based on UOB One Card’s cashback cap, the maximum cash rebate you can earn in a year is S$2,400.
2. Up to 6% on Electricity Bills
When you charge Singapore Power utilities bills to your UOB One Card, you can earn an additional 1% on top of the maximum 5% base rate.
3. Up to 21.15% Fuel Savings at Shell
Sample calculation of Shell fuel savings based on S$100 gross spend:
|Discount||Discount Rate||Fuel Saving|
|Shell Station discount||5%||S$5|
|Shell Escape Card discount||5%||S$5|
|UOB Instant Discount from the CVP change||7%||S$7|
|Net Spend (less station and Escape discount)||S$83|
|5% UOB One Credit Card Additional Cashback||5%||S$4.15|
|Total Effective Savings (%)||21.15%||S$21.15|
4. Up to 24% Fuel Savings at SPC
Sample calculation of SPC fuel savings based on S$60 gross spend:
|Discount||Discount Rate||Fuel Savings|
|SPC&U Card discount||10%||S$6|
|UOB Credit/Debit Card discount||5%||S$3|
|Net Spend (less 15% discount)||N/A||S$51|
|Additional S$3 off every S$51 net spend||5%||S$3|
|UOB One Card Cashback||5%||S$2.40|
|Total Effective Savings (%)||24%||S$14.40|
UOB One Card Quarterly Cashback Rates
The rebate rate you receive depends on the monthly spending in a quarter.
- Must have five eligible transactions per month
- Must maintain the minimum spend per month for three consecutive months
|Minimum Spend per Month||Total Minimum Spend per Quarter||Quarterly Cashback||Cashback Rate|
- High Annual Cashback Amount. Based on the quarterly cashback cap, the most you can earn is S$2,400 per year. Finding another card that gives you the same amount or more is very much like looking for a needle in a haystack.
- High Cashback Rates. The base rate is either 3.33% or 5%. On top of these rates, you can also earn a bonus cashback of 5% on select merchants. Online shoppers should be pleased to know they can save as much as S$400 on Shopee.
- Generous Fuel Savings. The cost of petrol is one of the highest expenses incurred for owning and driving a vehicle. 20% or more fuel savings are worth thousands of dollars a year for many owners and drivers.
- Bonus Interest on UOB One Savings. By linking your One Card to your UOB savings account, the interest rate increases to 2.5% per annum. In this case, you are not only saving money through rebates but also earning more on savings.
- High Minimum Spend. The 5% base rate is only valid if you can spend at least S$2,000 per month. And, you have to keep it up for three consecutive months to earn the quarterly cashback.
- Not for the Casual Spenders. Because of the quarterly cashback scheme, tracking the amounts you spend is troublesome. Moreover, casual spenders may be forced to pay more during months in which they do not have much spending.
How UOB One Card Compares with Other Cashback Cards
|UOB One Card||CIMB Visa Signature Card||POSB Everyday Card||Citi Cash Back Card||OCBC 365 Credit Card|
|Annual Card Fee||S$192.60||S$0||S$192.60||S$192.60||S$192.60|
|Minimum Income Requirement||S$30,000 for Singaporean/Permanent Resident
S$80,000 for foreigner
|S$30,000 for Singaporean/Permanent Resident||S$30,000 for Singaporean/Permanent Resident
S$45,000 for foreigner
|S$30,000 for Singaporean/Permanent Resident
S$42,000 for foreigner
|S$30,000 for Singaporean/Permanent Resident
S$45,000 for foreigner
|Minimum Monthly Payment||3% or S$50, whichever is higher||3% or S$50, whichever is higher||3% or S$50, whichever is higher||1% plus 1% of outstanding unbilled installment amounts plus interest charges plus late payment charge of S$50, whichever is higher||3% or S$20, whichever is higher|
|Cashback||Up to 10% rebate at Shopee Singapore,
Dairy Farm Group merchants (Cold Storage, Giant, 7-Eleven, Guardian, and more),
Grab, Singapore Power utility bill, and UOB Travel transactions.
Up to 24% SPC fuel savings
Up to 20.8% Shell fuel savings
|10% cash rebate on beauty & wellness, online shopping, groceries, pet shops & veterinary services, cruises||5% cash rebate for grocery transactions at Sheng Siong
3% cash rebate at Watsons and selected utilities and telecommunications merchants
20.1% SPC fuel savings plus an additional 2% cash rebate
|Up to 8% cash rebate on dining, groceries, petrol worldwide
20.88% Esso and Shell fuel savings
|6% cash rebate on local and overseas dining and online food delivery
Up to 23% Caltex fuel savings
3% cash rebate on online groceries, private hire rides, online air, cruise, hotel, and tour bookings, and recurring telco and electricity bills
|Cashback Cap||N/A||10% capped at S$100 per month and up to S$20 per category||Some merchants have an annual cap||S$80 per category||S$80 per month|
|Minimum Spend Requirement||N/A||$800||No monthly minimums, but some merchants require a minimum to avail of cashback||Spend at least S$800 per month for maximum cashback||S$800|
What We Think of UOB One Card
UOB One Card lets you earn up to S$2,400 cash rebate per year, making it a generous cashback card. Although there may be other cards offering up to 10% cashback on specific merchants, the cap rate differs. If you spend at least S$2,000 monthly, you should consider this card.
If you spend less than $2,000 monthly, you can still earn reasonable rates. A minimum monthly spend of S$500/S$1,000 nets you a 3.33% quarterly rebate. UOB One Card is also best suited for consistent spending. For this reason, you need to remember to track your expenses because of the quarterly cash rebate scheme. Click here to find out the more on the best credit cards in Singapore for overall spending.
How to Apply for UOB One Card
The easiest and most convenient way to apply is online using MyInfo. As for foreigners, you can fill up an online application form.
|Age||21 years and above|
|Minimum Income Criteria||S$30,000 and above per annum (Singaporean and PR)
S$80,000 and above per annum (Foreigner)
Fees and Other Charges
|Annual Fees||S$192.60 (principal card)
S$96.30 (supplementary card)
|Annual Fee Waiver||1 year|
|Interest Rate on Payments||25.90%|
|Interest-Free Period||21 days|
|Interest on Cash Advance||28%|
|Cash Advance Transaction Fee||6%|
|Foreign Currency Transaction Fee||2.80%|
|Minimum Monthly Payment||3% or S$50 (whichever is higher)|
|Late Payment Fee||S$90|
|Lost/Stolen Card Liability||S$100|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Does UOB One Cashback expire?
No. It does only when you or the bank terminates the credit card.
2. How do you redeem or use rewards/cashback?
The easiest way to do that is to download the UOB TMRW app, available for Apple and Android devices.
3. Do you get more rebates by spending above the minimum monthly requirement?
Yes, you do. But the most you can earn is up to the maximum spend of S$2,000. Spending more would have no cashback.
UOB One Card Is One of the Best for High Quarterly Cash Rebate
UOB One Card base cashback rate is more than generous. It gets even better when you spend at least S$2,000 and get up to 10% rebates on selected merchants. As a high spender, you cannot go wrong with this cashback card.
Why You Will Love the UOB One Card:
- Earn up to 10% rebates on everyday purchases, and retail spend
- More than 20% fuel savings at SPC and Shell petrol stations
- Generous Singtel voucher worth S$1,299 or S$300 cash credit welcome bonus
In search of a loan with flexible terms? Look no further than Instant Loan. We offer free and customised loan quotes from the best financial institutions in Singapore. Our loan comparison tool helps you easily compare, analyze, and find the best deal conveniently, so you can focus on what’s more important. Request up to three free quotes anytime!